CPSIG stands for ‘Child Protection Special Interest Group’ and is a special interest group of both the British Association for Community Child Health (BACCH) and the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH). It is supported by BACCH through the provision of administrative support.
CPSIG aims to be a forum which supports, informs and includes paediatricians working in the field of child abuse and neglect, it plans to do this by:
Supporting colleagues through
- education and training events
- being involved in the development of quality standards
Informing colleagues through
- regular communication with both individual members and regional groups, both via email and newsletter articles
- developing and maintaining an informative website
Involving colleagues through
- inviting and collating their contributions to national consultations and projects
- including the regional representatives in the national executive committee
Membership is open to doctors who are members of BACCH, the RCPCH or other appropriate professional organisations.