Regional rep vacancies
Nominations are sought for the following areas, to serve for three years:
- East of England (Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk)
- North West (Cheshire, Cumbria (S), Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside)
- South West (Bath, Wiltshire, West Bristol, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Cornwall and Isles of Scilly, Devon and Dorset)
How to apply
- Please send a CV (three pages max) along with a brief statement (250 words max) outlining your experience and reasons for wanting to take up the role.
- You should be a current member of CPSIG.
- Send applications and queries to the CPSIG Administrator ([email protected])
- If more than one suitable applicant applies for a position, your statement will be sent to the whole membership (or region for the Regional Rep roles) and a vote will take place.
- In the event of only one name being submitted, no election will take place and the sole nominee will be deemed elected.
The Regional Representative will be elected for a period of three years. This may be extended by a maximum of a further two years, if no other candidate stands for election. We welcome joint applications.
Deadline to apply: 28 February 2021 [may be extended for some regions if no applications received]
Job description for role
- co-ordinate CPSIG activities in the Region by disseminating relevant information
- encourage local and regional peer review.
- organise a CPSIG Regional event at least once every three years
- attend CPSIG Exec (three meetings a year) and annual AGM (usually held at the BACCH annual conference), to share information on regional activities
- encourage membership of CPSIG in the region
- champion the SPIN (special interest) module in safeguarding
- provide advice and guidance of training/education opportunities for those interested in child protection